She’ll be in Dubai this month to officially launch the city's first Charlotte Tilbury Boutique with a super-glam VIP party (which of course, L’Official Arabia will be attending!) But ahead of her trip back to the desert, we caught up with the World’s Number One Make-Up Artist backstage at fashion designer bestie Alice Temperley’s London show to learn how to recreate the looks seen on the Temperley London ss19 catwalk using Charlotte's award-winning make-up line.
“For the Temperley London SS19 show, I worked with Alice to create a gorgeous, sun-kissed, golden makeup look inspired by the lightness and femininity of the collection” said Charlotte. “My Tilbury magic glow was applied to all the model's skin using my Hollywood Flawless Filter and my new Magic Away Concealer for a flawless, poreless-looking complexion. For the day look, I added subtle pops of colour with a bright but relaxed coral, red matte lip, perfectly complementing the soft colour palette of the collection. For the evening look, I wanted the model’s look to feel a little more rock and roll, so I used smokey, chocolate bronze tones, and a hint of a Rock’n’Kohl flick, softy smudged at the edges to feel more lived in.”
HOW TO DO IT:
STEP 1 - SKIN
- Skin was prepped with Charlotte’s best-selling Charlotte’s Magic Cream to face and neck to instantly flood the skin with moisture, and create the perfect canvas – her secret to the ultimate runway glow – followed by Magic Eye Rescue to hydrate and visibly smooth the appearance of the skin around the eyes.
- Mix Light Wonder foundation together with Hollywood Flawless Filter to create a dewy, instantly illuminated and flawless looking base.
- Charlotte then applied her new Magic Away Concealer to hide the appearance of pores, smooth fine lines, and visibly reduce blemishes so every model has a runway-ready, flawless, poreless-looking complexion.
- For the day look, Hollywood Contour Wand was used to create a natural bronze, sun-kissed glow on the cheeks and temples.
- For the night look, Charlotte applied Hollywood Contour Wand to contour the nose, jawline and define the cheekbones.
- A few models had Hollywood Beauty Light Wand highlighter applied on top of the cheekbones, taking it down towards the apple of the cheeks, down the centre of the nose, and on the Cupid’s bow to add a touch of luminosity and radiance
STEP 2 - BROWS
Brows were kept natural, brushed up and groomed. Any gaps were filled in using Legendary Brows and Brow Lift where needed in the shades matched to the model’s hair.
STEP 3 - EYES
Charlotte did two different looks for eyes:
1. For the day look Charlotte applied Eyes To Mesmerise in Bette closely in to the top lash line, blending with an Eye Blender Brush, adding The Classic eyeliner pencil in Audrey or Sophia along the top and bottom lash lines, and softly smudged using her Eye Smudger Brush for a more lived in look.
At the inner corners of the eyes, Charlotte dipped an Eye Smudger Brush into water and applied the lightest shade from her Bar of Gold Trio to the inner corners of the eyes.
2. For the night look, Charlotte created a lived-in, smudged liner look, applying Eyes To Mesmerise in Mona Lisa along the top lash line and underneath the bottom lash line. Next, draw Rock’n’Kohl eyeliner pencil in Barbarella Brown or Bedroom Black along the top lash line into a small feline flick at the outer corner, smudging with an Eye Smudger Brush to softly blur the edges. To finish, add Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette at the inner corner of the eye.
3. Lashes were curled for definition using Life Changing Lashes curler, followed by Legendary Lashes Volume 2 mascara to the top lashes, which give 507% more volume for a lasting Hollywood flutter.
STEP 4 - LIPS
Charlotte completed the look with two different lip looks.
1. The day look was a soft, bright matte lip. First, a layer of Hot Lips in Super Cindy gently smudged over the lips using her finger for a softer edge. Next, Charlotte appliedHot Lips in Tell Laura over the top to make the colour pop.
2. For the evening look, Charlotte smudged a light layer of her iconic, award-winning Matte Revolution in Pillow Talk on to the lips for a subtle hint of colour.