Fresh from New York Fashion Week, L’Officiel Arabia caught up with Jordan Robertson, Senior Stylist at the award-winning Pastels Salon Dubai, for the lowdown on how to recreate next season’s hottest runway hairstyles.
THE TREND TO TRY: STRAIGHT AND SLEEK
AS SEEN AT: SASKI COLLECTION
THE HOW TO:
1. Prep hair with Davroe Tame and Straightening Balm. Blow-dry with a paddle brush or round brush on a medium heat to smooth cuticle and create an even, hydrated working surface, with all hair directed away from the face and deep left side parting.
2. Start at the nape and work up the back section. Use your flat iron to smooth out roots to ends in roughly 2.5cm sections.
3. Starting at the nape in a 2cm deep section thoroughly work Fibre Crème through hands and smooth onto roots, smoothing with your hands first, then using a Nylon/Bristle brush, brushing hair smooth and tight down to the nape. Continue working through the hair in 2cm horizontal sections until all the roots are smoothed down and brushed back to the nape of the neck.
4. Tightly pull a setting net over the style, using your sock diffuser heat styler to soften and melt fibre crème and to hold style in place. Gently remove hair net.
5. Dress the remaining un-slicked hair with a good spray of Brilliance Shine Spray.