- 500 GR beef minced
- 120GR onion chopped
- 200GR chopped parsley
- 150GR chopped tomato
- 40GR olive oil
- 10GR salt
- 10GR all spice
- 5GR cardamom
- 800GR potato pealed
- 400GR tahina sauce
- 300GR lemon juice
- 10GR salt
- 800ML water
- 100GR Toasted slice almond
- 50GR Mint leaves
- 150GR colored cauliflower/Broccoli flower
- Grind meat, parsley and onions in the meat grinder using the finest disk. Run them twice
- Add the tomato, olive oil, salt and spices and knead them into the meat mix
- Alternatively, very finely dice parsley and onion and add them to the minced meat if you bought your meat pre-minced
- Bake the kofta in the oven for 20 minutes
- Fry the sliced potatoes, boil or bake them until they are cooked halfway.
- Mix tahina and lemon juice together, the tahini will become lighter in consistency at first, but it will thicken as you keep on mixing and become lighter in color
- Bake in the oven on the lowest rack at 220 C FOR 20 minutes then remove the foil and Cook until the sauce thickens (this requires an additional 15- 20 minutes)
- Grill the cauliflower with butter and bake with the mix for garnish
- 950 G semolina
- 13 g baking powder
- 270 G coconut flaxes
- 665 ML corn oil
- 600 G Sugar
- 400 G yogurt
- 13 pcs Egg
- 60 G cacao powder
- 120 G Chocolate chips
- Tahini for tray
- Flour for tray
- 1 kg sugar
- 2-liter water
- 10 ml Lemon juice
- 5 ml Water rose
- 5 ml Blossom water
- Almond whole peeled
- Sugar powder
For the Basbousa dough:
- We mix well semolina, coconut flaxes, cocoa powder and baking powder
- Mixed oil with yoghurt, sugar & egg
- Mixed all together than add chocolate chips and place in tray after spread with tahina and flour.
- Toped with almond whole pcs
- Relaxed for 2 hours in chiller before baked
- Baked 190 C for
For the syrup:
- In small casserole add all items and boiled for 20 minutes,
- Keep it warm.
- Cut Basbousa into small square pcs
- Add warm syrup on top of basbousa and keep it until cooled
- Add sugar powder on top
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cuisine type: Arabic
Recipe type: sweets
Tips & Info
- Basboussa some of Arabic country called namoura
- We should relax for minimum1 hour to get a great texture of dough
- Spread you’re your tray with tahini and flour to avoid basbousa dough stick to tray during cooking time
- You can replace coconut flaxes with OAT
- Start with dough first before the sugar syrup
- Don’t bake directly in reason semolina need to be soak in the mixture to cooked well.
- You can use another kind of nuts on top as you like,
- Baked individual portions also can be one of options and served in tea time
- coconut its content high fiber as well as significant amounts of iron and potassium. Despite being high in saturated fat, coconut is cholesterol-free and low in sodium.
Baklava - Fingers
- Phyllo Sheets - 1 Package
- Roasted unsalted Pistachios - ¾ cup
- Roasted cashews – 1 cup
- Ghee, clarified butter - 1 cup
- Ground pistachio, to garnish
For the orange blossom syrup:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 13X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add all sugar syrup ingredients except orange blossom, mix together until sugar has dissolved and let it cook for 10 minutes. Once off heat, add the orange blossom. Set aside to cool
- Unfold the phyllo sheets on a large cutting board, cut them half into two equal portions.
- Stack one portion over the other, and cover it using a damp kitchen towel, to prevent them from drying. Set aside.
- Take one phyllo sheet piece and place it on the working surface by the longer side facing you. REMEMBER: Keep rest of the phyllo sheets covered.
- Gently brush the phyllo sheet with ghee, then place another phyllo sheet over it and apply ghee on top.
- Spread about 1 – ½ Tablespoons of the filling over the sheet.
- Now roll both sheets together on the rolling pin quite loosely and roll all the way through.
- Push the rolled phyllo sheets from both sides towards the center of the rolling pin.
- Then slide it into the prepared baking pan by pushing from one side.
- Now gently stretch it to fit the baking pan. Repeat the process for rest of the phyllo sheets.
- Cut the rolled phyllo according to your desired size.
- Brush ghee over the finished rolls and bake until crisp and golden in color for about 40-50 minutes at 150C.
- Pour the completely cooled sugar syrup over the baklava pieces and keep it aside for 4-12 hours.
- Garnish with ground pistachios, serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Cuisine type: Middle Eastern
Recipe type: Sweet / Dessert / Baking
Equipment: small food processor / Sauce pan / parchment paper / chopsticks / thin rolling pin / brush
All these recipes, and much more, are available on the Fatafeat App. The Fatafeat App, now available across the GCC, Jordan & Egypt, also houses a variety of content tailored to the mobile-user, including 20 cooking courses hosted by the region’s most loved chefs, 10,000+ recipes, 2,000+ ‘hands & pans’ videos, technical episodes to aid in improving kitchen skills, as well as 300+ hours of some of Fatafeat’s most-loved programs hosted in a bingeable content library.
The Fatafeat App is available to download from iOS and Android app stores.